High Level Principles for Data Integration - Principle Seven - Transparency
High Level Principles for Data Integration series
- High Level Principles for Data Integration
- About CPSIC
- Statistical Integration – why?
- PRINCIPLE ONE - Strategic Resource
- PRINCIPLE TWO - Custodian's Accountability
- PRINCIPLE THREE - Integrator's Accountability
- PRINCIPLE FOUR - Public Benefit
- PRINCIPLE FIVE - Statistical & Research Purposes
- PRINCIPLE SIX - Preserving Privacy & Confidentiality
- PRINCIPLE SEVEN - Transparency
- Statistical Data Integration
Statistical data integration will be conducted in an open and accountable way.
This principle ensures the public is aware of how Commonwealth government data is being used for statistical and research purposes.
The main elements will be:
- governed in an open accountable way
- ensure stakeholders and the community are kept informed of any statistical data integration project undertaken, by publishing appropriate details of the project such as the datasets, the purpose, provision for access, use made of the dataset, the make up and role of any advisory body or steering group, the role of involved institutions, the approval process, and the review process
- appropriate privacy impact assessment
- each project is subject to audit, agencies responsible for source data and data integration, will agree on audit schedules.