Data Integration Involving Commonwealth Data for Statistical and Research Purposes: Governance and Institutional Arrangements - 4
Data Integration involving Commonwealth Data
- Building a safe and effective environment for data integration
- Cross Portfolio Data Integration Oversight Board
- Integrating Authorities
- Best practice guidelines
- Education and training
- Network of Survey Liaison Officers
- Register of data integration projects
- Transition arrangements
- Statistical Data Integration Home
An education and training strategy will be developed and implemented to support the guidelines for data integration projects involving Commonwealth data for statistical and research purposes.
The guidelines and the education and training strategy will be targeted to key stakeholders including government agencies (acting variously as custodians, integrating authorities, researchers, Privacy Commissioners), the private sector (as custodians or researchers), the academic/research community and the public.
The purpose of the education and training strategy will be to build an understanding of:
- The underpinning values of a safe and effective environment for data integration projects.
- Key issues in managing privacy and confidentiality in data integration projects.
- Key legislative requirements within the management of data integration projects including maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Sanctions that apply for non compliance with legislative requirements or other institutional requirements.
- Support available in terms of specialist advice, knowledge and tools.
Following its development and finalisation by January 2013, the education and training strategy will be publicly available on an internet site and maintained by the Secretariat to the Board.